Friday, May 9, 2008

HouseOnMaps.com from an iPhone's POV.

I got an iPhone today and after successfully unlocking it ( After 3 painful trials ), decided to checkout it's legendary and much hyped Safari Browser. So, naturally, the first website that came into my mind was......make a guess (no prizes for guessing right) :p.



FYI, houseonmaps.com wasn't designed to run on iphone at all. I'm just interested to see how crappy it becomes when viewed through an iphone. However, upon entering the index page, I was honestly surprised to see that the page actually managed to load, albeit a bit malformed.




As you can see, the maps is way off it's original position. But besides that, interface wise, the site looks pretty much intact. I accidentally clicked on the refresh button on safari, and when the page reloads, the map was perfectly placed. It made me feel that Safari has some kind of built-in AI.



Next, was the "Post an ad" page. This time around, the whole page loaded correctly and things were at the location they're supposed to be. All in all, I have to salute Safari!! It's the best mobile browser I've laid my eyes on so far. As for me, I'm just thankful that HouseOnMaps is still pleasant looking to the eyes on an iphone. Perhaps we would someday come out with an iphone dedicated version.........but when I think of it, for what leh? Iphone's not even officially launched here yet.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

great review!
HouseOnMaps.com would be a mobile-friendly website.
Now anybody could move around at a certain location and conveniently look for houses or rooms available for rent. By looking at the pink- balloon plotted inside the google maps, anyone can locate the nearest house or room to him/her easily!

Anonymous said...

Can this website works on my PDA? my PDA is running on IE-mobile.